Thursday, November 24, 2011

Week 1 to Lifelong Fitness



I'm fed up. Fed up with my ho-hum fitness and nutrition effort, fed up with ho-hum results because of my ho-hum efforts.

I am buckling down fighting the battle of laziness and getting to the finish line to be the best that I can be.
I know the value of a balanced lifestyle, how a fit, strong body can build confidence so addictive that no drugs could create a better high - and the rewards extend to all areas of my life.

I know what I should be doing, and exactly what I'm not.


Recently, after working out for more than 4 years in the gym (off and on), I finally had a mental shift about my fitness because:
1) That one of my best friends is getting married on May 20th, and I will be a bridesmaid for the first time in my life. Um, can you say dress, everyone's eyes on you, not to mention my crazy bride friend is putting us up on her website with a blurb ahead of time!!!??

2) Emilia, my personal trainer/life coach/motivator/fitness guru from FLIP Training, announced that she wanted to really focus in on my success, get me to sign mini-goal contracts, and increase my personal training sessions to 2 x per week plus the weekly kick-butt circuit class - aka 3 x weekly she gets to kick my butt.



If you are debating having a personal trainer, or getting back on the fitness bandwagon, but don't have the effort to do it - my advice is: JUST DO IT! It's a 5 minute phone call to start. That's it. The point is - just start. And with the guidance of a personal trainer, they do all the thinking for you. You just have to do the work.

FIGHT the LAZY!

Check out FLIP right now - easy as a click and and email. No more excuses.


So I will be Flippin' myself inside out with FLIP training.

To start, here are my stats:

I'm 29, live with my b/f in Vancouver.
I work in client management at an environmental lab 37.5+ hours per week, in a sometimes emotionally taxing environment.

This is my starting point, to which there will be no end, no limit to what I can achieve. Every decision can take me towards my goal, but only I can make it there.

My pics, Week 1 (don't judge me on my eyes closed, they always are in photos):



                                            

                                                

My measurement stats:

Weight: 180 lbs
Shoulder: 41.25"
Chest: 35.5"
Arm: 13"
Abs: 36.75"
Hips: 46.25"
Thigh: 25.25"
Calf: 16.5"

My goals:

By January 1st:

Weight: 160 lbs

By May 20th:

Abs measurement: 29"

I'm going to fight fight fight. Fight for the quality of life I want to be living, the life I know I can have. Fit and healthy.

Join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment